Preparations & Measures
Abbots Grange has always been synonymous with exemplary standards of service and in response to the COVID-19 we have enhanced these to a new level. The changes we have implemented are based on the guidance we have received from HM Government, Public Health England and the National Health Service, supported by industry specific advice from UK Hospitality.
We can confirm that we have complied with the government’s ‘COVID 19 Secure’ guidance on managing the risk of COVID 19 in the workplace. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance and advice, our internal operating practices and protocols will be continuously reviewed and immediately updated. The information detailed below may therefore change without notice. As we are managing a public health issue, we expect the full support and co-operation of all of our guests and staff team. Only through our collective efforts can we successfully combat the spread of COVID 19 and keep each other safe.
We have flexible terms and conditions for all individual bookings whereby you can cancel 72 hours prior to 3pm check in time for a full refund.
If you have booked with an on line booking agent for example booking.com, please email us at email@example.com with your personal email address and mobile telephone number. This is required for track and trace purposes and is a Government requirement.
We advise guests to pre-book all evening dining prior to your stay. Abbots Grange does not provide evening dining. Please visit our guest information page for details and phone numbers of all our fabulous local restaurants, pubs etc.
Early arrivals are more than welcome to gain access to our car park - enjoy the grounds or perhaps walk into the village. There will be no access allowed to the building prior to 3pm (check in time) due to our enhanced cleaning programs.
Couriered luggage can be left safely in our covered entrance porch awaiting your collection upon arrival.
- Please maintain 1 meter plus social distancing.
- We ask that you allow us to take and record your temperature. This is via a 1 second non contact hand held thermometer. If your temperature is 38 degrees or above unfortunately, you will be declined entry and your deposit refunded or your stay re-scheduled.
- Upon arrival you will be handed an amenity bag containing your sanitised room key, tv remote and additional anti viral wipes. Please leave your tv remote and keys in your room upon departure.
- Please use the hand sanitiser located in the entrance porch upon initial entry to the building.
- Please be prepared to carry your own luggage from your car to your room.
- No requirement for hand written registration upon arrival, our staff will simply show you to your room and answer any questions you may have.
- We are only able to check in one couple at a time. If you notice that another party are being checked in please wait in the main entrance porch and we’ll be with you in just a few minutes.
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care and sanitised it. We have also treated your room with a state of the art ULV anti viral fogging device.
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk.
- We have placed individual amenity/toiletries in bedrooms, please feel free to take these away upon departure as they will be disposed of when you leave.
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas.
- Please wash your hands whenever returning to your bedroom.
- Guest information packs have been removed from rooms and are now available at our guest information page.
- Cash will not be accepted for payments.
Our General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained.
- Room servicing is currently being conducted on a modified/safety first basis. This means that consumables and disposables will be replaced as required along with rubbish removal on a daily basis - please do let us know if there is anything at all you require replacement of. Beds will not currently be made-up on a daily basis however for guests staying with us for more than 3 nights, bedding will be replaced on the 4th day as normal and the bed made-up.
- Our housekeeping staff will not enter rooms while guests are in them.
- You are asked to maintain physical distancing measures in all common areas please.
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce social distancing messages.
- Enhanced cleaning programmes and ULV anti viral fogging in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every doorway/key public area.
- Housekeeping will be available on request only, guests to vacate room and ventilate prior to housekeeping staff entering.
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (door knobs, TV remote, room keys, lights and light switches).
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice.
- Croquet and tennis is available by request and our staff will sanitise equipment after use. Tennis balls are available to purchase and take with you on departure please.
- The Duty Manager is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guest COVID-19 related queries.
- Suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment.
- Access to back of house areas including the kitchens is restricted to staff only.
General Practices & Protocols, Food & Beverage
- We have reduced the number of covers in the breakfast room and extended our seating and outdoor spaces.
- We will limit table linens and have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods.
- Breakfast will be available from an a la carte menu.
- Single serve food items are in use together with disposables where there is an advantage to safety.
- Single use breakfast menus will continue to be in use.
- Complimentary welcome trays will be provided in your room as normal.
- For any other snacks or beverages you may want during your stay, we ask for your honesty in recording what you take on the sheets provided so that we can add these to your final account.
- Temperature checks will be taken daily before entering the building
- All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell
- All team members will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating
- All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate
- The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible
Our teams commitment to you
All team members are required to:
- Stay home when unwell.
- Practice good personal hygiene including regular hand washing. Maintain social distance.
- Wear PPE where appropriate.
- Follow the company’s COVID-19 Secure operating procedures.
- Implemented a standard that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks with more than two team members assigned unless they are working outside.
- Our team have and will receive ongoing training.
- Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes.
- We will not accept cash payments - any items purchased during your stay will be added to your final account.
Finally, we ask that as a guest at Abbots Grange you commit to:
- If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
- It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
- In addition to hand sanitisers placed throughout, we can provide face masks should you not have your own.
- Please maintain 1 meter plus social distancing and wear a face mask when in corridors or on stairways.
We look forward to welcoming you to Abbots Grange.
Travel safe and stay well.