The Bishops Suite
For that special occasion, weekend getaway or longer vacation stay, a remarkable experience awaits.
Spread over a ground floor area of some 53sqm, the Bishops Suite is impressively spacious and well appointed comprising living room, bedroom interconnecting spaces and en suite facilities.
- Spacious ground floor suite just off the Great Hall comprising living room, bedroom, interconnecting areas and en-suite
- Ancient oak beamed, dual aspect living room with open fire, fireside sofa’s. Separate lounge area with 55” LED flat screen TV
- Beautiful, romantic bedchamber with solid oak four poster bed, silk drapes, open fire and flat screen LED TV
- Modern en suite with Travertine stone walk in rain shower, thick fluffy white towels, dressing table, hair dryer and complimentary toiletries. Separate WC
- Luxury Molton Brown bathroom products and amenities.
- Finest Egyptian cotton sheets, complimentary welcome tray, Nespresso coffee machine
- Complimentary bottle house Champagne served on ice (Must be booked direct - min two night stay)
Formerly the Scriptorium and Sacristy, the Bishops Suite was where the monks relaxed in more informal rooms and worked on their manuscripts and intricately detailed illuminations. When not in use these magnificent works of art and other valuable religious objects may have been stored here. It was in these less formal spaces that Manorial Court cases would have been adjudged and under the feudal system, more general tenant matters considered.
Situated on the ground floor in the medieval heart of the house these quarters and later parts (by renowned architect Prentice) comprise the Bishops Suite. An ancient oak beamed ceiling characterises the living room with open fire and carved Jacobean overmantel, original parquet floor and leaded light feature windows on three sides.
With a dual aspect overlooking both front and rear gardens, the living room is set out with twin sofa fireside seating in one half and TV lounge in the other. With Jacobean (and later) period antiques, its here you’ll find the original priest hole repurposed as a luggage store.
With a Cotswold stone open fire place and impressive English and Flemish antiques, the bedchamber features a solid oak king size four poster bed draped in richly embroidered red and gold silks. The ancient heraldic painted cupboard housed the Abbots valuables and is now repurposed as a wardrobe. The bed comes dressed in the finest white Egyptian cotton sheets to ensure a sound nights sleep.
Modern en-suite bathing facilities with Golden Travertine stone walk in wet room rain shower complete the spacious and thoughtfully designed bathroom.
With its own private living room, impossibly romantic bedroom and ensuite facilities, the Bishops Suite is the most spacious accommodation at Abbots Grange.
Please note that all our Rooms and Suites at Abbots Grange accommodate a maximum of two people.